VASTU TIPS FOR BEDROOM
Vastu Shastra Is the science if architecture that teaches how to live in harmony with nature and how influence nature so that it works for your benefit. It is a part of a vast body of Vedic knowledge written over 5000 years ago.'Vastu' means doweling and 'Shastra' means scientific treatise---the science of designing and building homes according to the eternal laws of nature.
North Direction: This direction is governed by diety "Kuber". This is the ideal direction for young couples and also for storing valuables, important papers, cash, jewellery etc.
A bedroom in the North East : This direction is governed by Diety "shiv". This direction should not have any bedroom because it is the space of Worship room.
A bedroom in the East: This direction is governed by Diety "Surya, Indra". The direction is ideal for unmarried children.
A bedroom in the South East : This direction is governed by Diety "Agni".The direction is not recommended for having bedroom because it leads to constant quarrels between couples and incurs excessive expenditure. Children staying in this direction do not take interest in their studies and finds it difficult to get a sound sleep.
A bedroom in the West : This direction is governed by Diety "Varun".The direction is ideal for students. However, it increases the probability of birth of a larger number of girls in the family.
A bedroom in the North West : This direction is governed by Diety "Vayu".The location is the best for newlywed couples.
Vastu Guidelines for Bedroom
Let us also explore the basic Vastu guidelines that have to be followed, in case of the bedroom:-
1. Vastu Shastra does not recommend a bedroom in the South East under any circumstances. It is best to shift from this room to any other room in the South West, South, West or North West. In case there is no choice, keep the bed away from the southeast corner or you will be sleeping on too much fire. Sleep in this room with your head towards the South and feet towards the North to ward off the ill-effects.
2. According to Vastu Shastra, mirrors should not be located inside the bedroom as this leads to frequent misunderstandings and quarrels between couples. However, if essential, place them preferably along the North East wall.
3. You can decorate the walls with attractive wall hangings or pictures that bring pleasure since this is what you will see the first thing in the morning when you wake up!
4. The correct placement of furniture in the bedroom makes one feel at home. Vastu suggests that since bedrooms normally have heavy objects like beds, cupboards etc, they should be placed in the South, South West or West direction of the room. If possible, avoid beds in the centre of the room.
5. According to Vastu Shastra, mirrors should not be located inside the bedroom as this leads to frequent misunderstandings and quarrels between couples. However, if essential, place them preferably along the North East wall.
6. It is best to sleep with the head towards the South or East direction of the bedroom. The South brings a good deep sleep and ensures long life, while the East brings enlightenment. There should be no window behind you, while sleeping.